- Tumblr Girl:Boys are so ugly and stupid lol. There's like maybe 5 hot guys and the rest of you are hideous.
- Guy:Hey now, that's not very nice to say.
- Tumblr Girl:Too bad. Women have it way worse in the real world when it comes to body image so a few jokes isn't gonna hurt you!
- Guy:Men suffer from body image issues too you know. It's not just a woman thing believe it or not. How would you feel if I said those kind of things about girls? 'Girls are so ugly and stupid lol. There's maybe like 5 hot girls and the rest are hideous.'
- Tumblr Girl:How dare you. That's horribly sexist and misogynistic!
- Guy:I agree. But how come if you just switch the genders, it's okay?
- Tumblr Girl:Because girls have it worse than all guys.
- Guy:How do you know? Have you ever asked all guys about their self-esteem?
- Tumblr Girl:No. But I have body image issues and I don't like when people make me feel ugly.
- Guy:Neither do I.
- Tumblr Girl:Oh well, this website is supposed to be a safe space for girls to vent their problems!
- Guy:Why do you have to tear down others just to build yourself up? Aren't you a feminist? Isn't feminism supposed to be about equality?
- Tumblr Girl:Yes, feminism is about equality and respect.
- Guy:Then why are you saying that it's now okay for girls to make fun of guys but not the other way around? That doesn't sound like equal treatment, that sounds like you want special treatment.
- Tumblr Girl:......
- Guy:Why do you think fighting fire with fire is going to solve anything? When has that ever worked? All it does is perpetuate cruelty and mistreatment.
- Tumblr Girl:Well... because I'm angry!...?
- Guy:I understand, but that doesn't mean you have the right to hurt others for no reason. How would you feel if someone treated you badly over things you can't control?
- Tumblr Girl:I would feel bad.
- Guy:Yeah. So isn't there the golden rule - treat others the way you want to be treated?
- Tumblr Girl:Yeah, I guess so.
- Guy:So how about you start treating others the way you want to be treated instead of being a jerk all of the time and trying to justify it.
tumblr is run mainly in english, but imagine 1 day u log on and its all danish. ur fav text posts? danish. that one video u like to watch? its been dubbed in danish. badly. rest in peace, the english langauge. længe leve danmark
LÆNGE LEVE REVOLUTIONEN
Do you ever get rly pissed because the hunger games films could’ve told such a deep story with themes that reflect our own society’s oppressive systems
but instead they whitewashed the main leads, erased their disabilities, and pretty much romanticized the violence
The degree to which THG movies play into exactly the things the story condemns will never not be staggering to me
repeat after me:
- virginity is a social construct
- you don’t lose your virginity
- there’s nothing valuable or precious about virginity, it’s an imaginary concept
- virginity is inherently heterocentric
- your worth is not defined by whether or not you’ve had a dick inside you
- what you define as sex is up to you, you get to decide how many people you’ve had sex with
- the end